What is 3DXFLEX™ Thermoplastic Copolyester (TPC) Elastomer? Copolyester elastomers are resins systems based on hard polyesters (typically PBT; the hard segment) grafted with soft elastomeric segments to their backbone. These soft segments increase flexility and reduce hardness – therefore – the more soft segments added to the backbone, the softer and more flexible the polymer. These types of resins are sold extensively in the Auto, Hosing, Wire & Cable, and Medical markets. You may see them sold using acronyms such as COPE, TPEE, and TPC. These acronyms mean essentially the same thing and indicate the elastomer is based on polyester chemistry (and not TPU chemistry).
Benefits of 3DXFLEX™ TPC Filament:
- High elongation (>500%)
- Ease of printing
- Excellent layer bonding
- Bonds great to other plastics
- Outstanding fatigue resistance
- Very low odor while printing
- Low moisture absorption
- Retains flexibility even at low temperatures
- Styrene and BPA Free
Filament Diameter Specs:
- 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 230-255°C (fairly wide processing range)
- Bed Temp: 23-70°C
- Bed Prep: Hairspray or Glue Stick on clean glass
- Print Speed: Flexible 88A prints slower, about 20 mm/s to start, then increase as you become more familiar with the material.
- Experience Level: Moderate to Advanced. Printing with elastomers is a bit more complicated than hard plastics and generally requires more experience and an extruder purposefully built or modified to handle flexible filaments.